.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bee Time Alone

Monday, May 20, 2013

Are you servicing or do you serve?

I went to church yesterday morning, and I never regaret for going. I enjoyed the worship and the sermon very much. Once again, the worship songs brought tears to my eyes in surrender to God. Only in His presence could I find relief and a sense of completeness - He is my ALL in all.

Today's sermon was  on Ephesians 5:21-6:9 ( 以 弗 所 書 5:21-6:9), about relationship amongst people, a continuation study on the Book of Ephesians series. Pastor Travis used many good practical examples to illustrate how we should treat people in all situations - home, work, church, etc. This could be said as a practical application of the greatest commandment in the Bible - Love God and love your neighbour as yourself. What I like most was the Pastor Travis' explanation on the difference between "servicing" and "serve":
John 13:14 (約 翰 福 音 13:14)

"Servicing" is carrying out a task mechanically, treating people like objects while performing a required task.
My reflection:
I felt that way this morning when I entered the church, where a young lady handed me a church brochure without looking at me at all, while conversing with someone else. Today was my 3rd visit to this church.

To "serve" is to listen attentively in order to know the need of the order person, so as to provide a service for that need.
My reflection:
Thank God that some people in this church made me felt that they have a heart to serve. The first person was Karen, whom I spoke to on my first visit to the church 3 weeks ago. She gave me a lift home after the church on my first vist and today. Another person I spoke to was Pastor Travis. I approached him rather than he approached me, since he would be busy talking to many other church members after service. He did what he preached, i.e. listened attentively when I spoke. One other church member, Carol, whom I spoke to last Sunday came to me today to say "Hello", and we had a little chat. Carol told me that she wished more new comers would be like me, who could inittial a conversation with other regular church members.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home